Your day is already busy, but it pays to stay in the loop on what's happening in ad tech and digital marketing. What industry advancements should we expect? Is that a new ad type? Google is doing what?! Thankfully there are a lot of great resources out there for digital marketers. Here are some of our favorites:
Digital Marketing Blogs and Websites
1) Bruce Clay - Head over to the Bruce Clay blog for best practices, including non-obvious ones that can help you go the extra mile. (@BruceClayInc).
2) Econsultancy - Check out Econsultancy for lots of great examples and best practices (@Econsultancy).
3) eMarketer - Visit eMarketer for articles with big data and a global view (@eMarketer).
4) Inside Facebook - Keep up with everything Facebook (@InsideFB).
5) MediaPost SearchMarketing Daily - A great place to find search news, trends, and big announcements (@mediapost).
6) Mobile Marketing Watch - Mobile marketing continues to grow, making this a good site to bookmark (@mobileMW).
7) Search Engine Journal - Learn something new from the real in-house and independent internet marketers that post here. Like the Upworthy of search blogs (@sejournal).
8) Search Engine Land - Check out their handy guides and regular topical news updates (@sengineland).
9) Search Engine Roundtable - This blog delves into topics from SEM forums, giving you expert views and in-depth coverage (@seroundtable).
10) Search Engine Watch - This easy-to-navigate site has very informative PPC and Social tabs (@sewatch).
11) PPC Hero - Great PPC blog with a cheeky super-hero theme (@ppchero). What more could you ask for?
12) PPC Ian - Ian Lopuch is an industry online marketing professional. His blog is fun to read, and features real-world insights and video content (@ianlopuch).
The Big Publisher Blogs
13) Bing Ads Blog
14) Inside Adwords Blog
15) PPC Chat - Join marketing professionals across the Twittersphere as they discuss a new PPC topic each week (Tuesday, 9am EST). Use and follow the #PPCchat hashtag.
16) Thought leaders - Spice up your Twitter feed with smart (and often entertaining!) industry professionals and journalists. Try @mattcutts, @larrykim, @dannysullivan, @TheGrok, @RolfeWinkler, @LaurieSullivan, and @Matt_Umbro to start.
17) Looks like you already found our Marin Marketing Insights blog! Subscribe to our RSS feed to get regular updates as we push out great new content in 2014. Also find us on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
Do you have any favorite resources you'd like to share with our readers? Drop us a line in the comments!