Marin Software Announces Support for Google Shopping Campaigns
Suite of tools and services designed for retailers combined with the cross-channel functionality of the Marin platform powers new level of product based advertising
San Francisco, CA – July 14, 2014 – Marin Software (NYSE:MRIN), provider of a leading Revenue Acquisition Management platform for advertisers and agencies, today announced support for Google Shopping Campaigns, an advanced version of Google Product Listing Ads (PLAs) for retailers. With support, Marin becomes the only independent digital marketing platform to offer automated campaign creation, inventory management and feed management capabilities for Shopping Campaigns.
“Support of Google Shopping Campaigns combined with our cross-channel targeting capabilities allows retailers to take their product-based advertising to new heights,” said Matt Ackley, chief marketing officer at Marin Software. “Through our platform, retailers can use their Google Shopping Campaigns data to build out audience segments and retarget consumers across the web, including Facebook. During the holiday season, such precision targeting should prove particularly rewarding for retailers.”
With millions of products available for sale and constantly-changing inventory and promotions, retail advertisers must compete for the attention of consumers through ads that offer compelling visuals, prices, promotions and messaging. Marin offers retailers a suite of services and tools designed to help digital marketers take full advantage of Google Shopping Campaigns. Available immediately, Marin’s support for Google Shopping Campaigns features will allow retailers to:
- Automatically create and optimize shopping campaigns on the fly using Marin’s dynamic campaigns tool
- Format product feeds and apply custom labels to work with Google’s Merchant Center, saving retailers time and eliminating complexities from managing multiple product feeds
- Create and target audiences with social and display ads using product purchase intent data gathered through Google Shopping Campaigns
- Integrate data from virtually any source to accurately measure revenue from Shopping Campaigns
- Automate bid strategies based on product-specific revenue targets, optimizing bids in real-time based on product lines, SKUs, promotions, seasonality, availability, and customer lifetime value
Marin customers achieved significant success with Google PLAs, the predecessor to Shopping Campaigns. According to a January 2014 Marin report based on data from use of its platform, advertisers increased spend on PLAs nearly 300% in 2013 and one-out-of-five paid shopping clicks last year was on a PLA. Marin found that Click-through rates for PLAs are often 50% higher than traditional text-only ads, signifying an undeniable shift toward image-based search advertising. To that end, Marin estimates retailers will allocate one-third of their entire paid search budgets to Google shopping ads by the end of 2014.
Marin allows retailers to recapture a shopper’s interest of consumers who clicked on Shopping Campaign ads but did not complete the purchase. Through Marin, retailers can retarget audiences on Facebook based on consumers’ engagement with Shopping Ads.