Marin Software Named to Wall Street Journal List of the Top 50 Startups in America
Fast-growing advertising technology company recognized for its growth, fundraising success, and the track record of its founders and board members
San Francisco, CA – September 28, 2012 – Marin Software, provider of the leading digital ad management platform for advertisers and agencies, today announced it has been named by the Wall Street Journal as one of the top 50 private venture-backed companies in the United States.
- Founded in 2006, Marin Software provides a powerful, easy-to-use platform that allows marketers to optimize digital advertisements across search, display, social, and mobile channels. Currently, more than 1,800 clients worldwide representing more than $4 billion in annualized ad investment use the Marin platform to manage their online marketing programs. In addition to its San Francisco headquarters, Marin has offices in the U.K., France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, and Australia.
- Over the past three years, Marin’s revenue has grown 1,274%. Clients include Salesforce.com, Netflix, Macy’s, Symantec, NetSuite, University of Phoenix, Hotels.com, and Razorfish.
- More than 5,900 companies across multiple sectors were considered for this third-annual ranking. Key criteria include fundraising success, recent growth in the company’s value, and the track record of its founders and board members. The editorial staff of Dow Jones VentureWire also reviewed and ranked the startups based on their knowledge of the companies’ products, competition, and financial performance.
- Inc. magazine also selected Marin as a top company, ranking Marin Software No. 26 among software companies, on its annual Inc. 500|5000 list, an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
- “It’s an incredible honor to be recognized by the world’s leading business publication for our track record of success and growth” said Chris Lien, CEO of Marin Software. “Being named one of the Top 50 Startups in the U.S. is a testament to our team’s hard work, our clients’ ongoing commitment, and the value of our platform.”