This is the first in a series of posts on the nuts and bolts of Facebook Dynamic Ads. Today, we teach you techniques you can use to entice customers to make additional purchases from your product catalog.
If you’re a direct response advertiser on Facebook, by now you’ve probably heard of—or you’re already running—Dynamic Ads campaigns. We’ve put together these expert tips and real-world examples to ensure you’re maximizing the effectiveness of your campaigns.
A Quick Refresher
Dynamic Ads automatically generate creative from a product feed, and you can target to people based on their actual intent. A lot of advertisers would call this practice Website Custom Audience remarketing.
However, with Dynamic Ads, you can automatically trigger upsell and cross-sell campaigns—to people who’ve converted on your website or app—with personalized creative from your feed. This is a great way to increase the lifetime value of your customer base with relevant product creative based on their purchase and browse behavior.
Now, onto the tips….
Dynamic Ads Upsell Techniques
Gear your upsell campaigns to offering a higher margin product or service based on someone’s browse or purchase behavior. For example:
- Visitors viewed and purchased fitness shoes -> upsell smart fitness watches
- Visitors viewed fitness shoes, but didn’t buy -> upsell with higher-margin shoes
- Visitors viewed hotels in San Francisco -> upsell hotels with great reviews and amenities
Dynamic Ads Cross-Sell Techniques
For your cross-sell campaigns, offer a complementary product or service based on someone’s browse or purchase behavior. For example:
- Visitors viewed and purchased fitness shoes -> cross-sell complementary socks
- Visitors purchased an airline ticket to vacation in Hawaii -> cross-sell hotels within that destination
- Visitors bought a hotel room for a weekend stay in New York -> cross-sell a discount on drinks in the lobby bar
Follow these suggestions, and you should see more engagement and more clicks from your Dynamic Ads. If you’d like to hear how Marin can help you implement a robust, click-generating Dynamic Ads strategy, just get in touch. Also be sure to check out our Dynamic Ads webinar with Facebook.