Calling All Search Marketing Geeks: Marin Software & SMX Sponsor 5th Annual Biggest Search Geek Contest
Biggest Search Geek winner will receive an all-expense-paid trip to SMX West 2013 and an Apple iPad Mini
San Francisco, CA - Marin Software, provider of the leading digital ad management platform for advertisers and agencies, and Search Marketing Expo today launched the 5th Annual "SMX Biggest Search Geek Contest,” the popular quiz-based contest that tests search marketers’ industry knowledge. More than 2,000 marketers participated in last year’s challenge and with the contest expanding to include the UK and Australia this year, the competition reaches new heights. The contest has become more difficult and competitive over the last five years mirroring the search industry's increasing complexity and dramatic growth.
- The SMX Biggest Search Geek contest sponsored by Marin Software is open to anyone willing to test their SEM chops with 20 tough questions about search marketing on topics ranging from ad bidding, quality score, history of search, SEO, Facebook, mobile, and retargeting.
- The contest runs from Dec 10, 2012—Feb 15, 2013 at 11:59pm PST. The first-place winner will win an all-expense paid trip for two to San Jose, California for the 2013 SMX West conference to be held March 11-13, 2013.
- The winner will be presented with an award on stage by SMX producer Danny Sullivan and Marin Software VP of Marketing Matt Lawson. This year, the winner will also receive an Apple iPad Mini. Second- and third-place winners will also win Apple iPad Minis. The top 10 finishers receive a 6-month premium member subscription to Search Engine Land, and the top 50 entrants will receive a search geek recognition award as well as a limited edition t-shirt.
- Last year, more than 2,000 search marketing professionals participated in the contest. The winner of last year’s contest won with a score of 90% in 24 minutes with the runner up also scoring 90% but in 27 minutes.
- “It’s that time of year again, where search marketers have the chance to showcase their SEM expertise and be recognized for it,” said Matt Lawson, VP of Marketing at Marin Software. “We made no exceptions to the toughness of this year’s SMX Biggest Search Geek contest. To make this year more interesting have opened the contest up to include not just the U.S. but the UK and Australia as well.”
- “I’m aiming to do something never done before and repeat as the winner of the Biggest Search Geek contest,” said Tomislav Maric, Director of Performance Marketing at Beeby, Clark+Meyler. “I’ve been brushing up on my Adwords and adCenter knowledge, my algorithms, and campaign management tricks. I look forward to setting the bar once again.”