Click here to view this article on an external site.
Stylistpick Discovers Revenue Impact of Facebook Ads through Marin Software
Cross-channel insight enabled by Marin Software reveals 15% conversion rate on Facebook ads for subscription retailer
San Francisco June 06, 2012 – Marin Software, provider of the leading digital ad management platform for advertisers and agencies, today announced that Stylistpick measures and optimizes revenue from Facebook Ads using insight from the Marin Software platform. Stylistpick is an online fashion accessory website led by a number of celebrity stylists, including Cheryl Cole. To better measure, manage and optimize their paid search, social, and display ad campaigns Stylistpick turned to Marin.
- Stylistpick offers subscribers an online fashion accessory site where stylists pick their favorite pieces and provide tips on how to wear them. To grow subscribers and revenues, Stylistpick sought to scale up their existing Facebook ad campaigns as well as expand their online advertising program to include paid search and Google Display Network ads. Stylistpick selected Marin Software to optimize and grow their paid search, social, and display ad campaigns.
- Stylistpick particularly wanted to understand the impact of Facebook Ads on online subscriptions and revenues. Before deploying Marin Software, Sylistpick had limited insight into Facebook’s role in the path to conversion. Measuring the performance of Facebook in a silo, the marketing team believed Facebook Ads delivered a meager 3 percent conversion rate. The ability of Marin to analyze data across publishers and incorporate third party data allowed Stylistpick to implement a more accurate multi-click attribution model, revealing a 15 percent conversion rate on Facebook ads in terms of overall revenue impact.
- Improved visibility through Marin Software into their online ad campaigns enabled Stylistpick to better adjust their online marketing strategy and tactics, resulting in an increase in campaign performance.
- Marin Software’s ad creative rotation functionality helped Stylistpick reduce the effects of ad blindness on Facebook, and Marin’s superior predictive bidding algorithm allowed Stylistpick to optimize Facebook ads to maximize volume while meeting or exceeding ROI targets.
- Within the first of month of deploying Marin, Stylistpick experienced a 50 percent increase in click-through rate (CTR) as a result of the platform’s automated keyword bidding capabilities and campaign management functionalities.
- “Marin Software is different to many other Facebook advertising management platforms, as they understand that Facebook plays a role further up the sales funnel,” commented Cormac Doyle, Senior Online Marketing Manager, Stylistpick. “The fact you can manage Facebook alongside other channels such as search and display means you can gain an understanding of how Facebook Ads are working as part of your online media mix and not in a silo. Their workflow, campaign management and optimization features also mean we save a lot of time and gain a greater focus on ROI in a scalable way.”
- “Yes, Facebook can be used by advertisers as a direct response medium; however, its greatest value is as a part of an integrated marketing mix,” said Matt Lawson, Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at Marin Software. “As shown with Stylistpick, proper measurement and analysis of the influence of Facebook Ads across an entire marketing program reveals advertising on the social media site drives conversions and revenue on other channels further down the sales funnel.”