Marin Software Names Gordon Crovitz to Board of Directors
Former publisher of The Wall Street Journal and well-known advisor to fast-growing media and technology companies to offer strategic guidance to Marin
San Francisco, CA July 24, 2012 – Marin Software, provider of the leading digital ad management platform for advertisers and agencies, today announced that media industry veteran Gordon Crovitz has joined the company’s Board of Directors. Formerly the publisher of The Wall Street Journal and executive vice president of Dow Jones, Crovitz has over 30 years experience leading and advising global media and technology companies.
- Gordon Crovitz, former publisher of The Wall Street Journal, has joined Marin Software’s Board of Directors. Over the past three decades, Crovitz has served in many executive leadership roles within Dow Jones and The Wall Street Journal as well as founding a technology startup. His wide-reaching experience in digital media will be an asset to Marin as the company continues to extend the reach of its leading ad management platform.
- Crovitz is a well-known advisor to technology and media startups. He is a member of the Board of Directors of ProQuest, Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Blurb, and Business Insider. Additionally, he is on the board of advisors of several early-stage companies, including SocialMedian (sold to XING), Halogen Media, Hashable, Quid, and SkyGrid.. He is an investor in Betaworks, a New York incubator for social-media startups, and has advised private equity firms on the acquisition of media companies.
- While at The Wall Street Journal Crovitz launched Dow Jones’ Consumer Media Group, which under his leadership integrated the global print, online, digital, TV and other editions of The Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch.com and Barron’s. He oversaw the growth of The Wall Street Journal Online into to the world’s largest paid subscription news website, with over one million paying subscribers. He was based in Hong Kong and Brussels in addition to New York.
- After leaving Dow Jones in 2007, Crovitz co-founded Journalism Online, a software as a service company whose Press+ service enables publishers to generate subscription revenues for their content on websites and through tablets, e-readers and mobile devices.The company was acquired by RR Donnelley in 2011.
- Crovitz joins Saleforce.com’s Vice Chairman Frank van Veenendaal, former VMWare CFO and current Proofpoint CFO Paul Auvil, Benchmark Capital’s Bruce Dunlevie, long-time Internet executive and private investor Donald Hutchison, and Marin Software Chief Executive Officer Chris Lien on Marin Software’s Board of Directors.
- “As an exceptional media executive and trusted advisor to many digital media and technology companies, we’re thrilled to welcome Gordon to the Marin Board of Directors,” said Christopher Lien, CEO at Marin Software. “We look forward to leveraging Gordon’s expertise as Marin expands its platform to more advertisers and agencies worldwide.”
- “As consumer attention and media budgets are increasingly being directed online, cutting-edge technology is making digital advertising more and more efficient for marketers. Marin Software is at the forefront of helping advertisers manage revenue acquisition through digital ad channels,” said Gordon Crovitz. “I am eager to be involved with such a fast-growing and innovative company.”