Ensure that the 2021 holiday season will be even more successful with these last minute tips!
Managing Bidding during a Sales Event
Before the sale:
- Find out Revenue-Per-Click or Conversion-Rate uplift from historic sales as a percentage.
On the day of the sale:
- Apply your historical percentage uplift calculated as a boost on day of sale.
- Remove all bid change limits. Preserving bid change limits only allows your bids to change up to the limited amount, possibly restricting a number of keywords.
- Ensure campaign budgets are set appropriately and will not be overly restrictive.
- Once the sale has begun, check hourly spend rates in the publisher accounts. Compare your spend trend in the current sale with previous sales to confirm bidding configuration is not over or under-spending.
- Assess the number of terms hitting bid caps
After the sale:
- Add previous and latest sales periods to Excluded Dates.
- Set bid change limits to pre-sale setting.
- Revert Boost to historic level.
Effective Tips and Tools
Flighting is a technique where you schedule your ads to run for a period of time (called a flight) followed by a period where you pause all ads for the advertised product or service. A smart way to leverage flighting for Black Friday and Cyber Monday is by offering progressive promotions. This means, you can start your campaign offering a promotion with low percentages off, and as the days/weeks go by, increase the percentage off.
To increase relevance, CTR and Conversion Rate, consider including in your ad creatives words such as: Discount, Deals, Promotions, Savings, Offers, Free, Black Friday, Cyber Monday.
Sitelinks / Promotion Extensions
Include these special sales and offers with your ads to make your promotion stand out so potential customers can spot great deals and generate new sales for your business.
Let potential customers know about sales or special events by adding a countdown timer to your ad text to create a sense of urgency.
Increase Budget Caps
To cover the increase in traffic, you must consider increasing the budget of your campaigns to capitalise on the increase of impressions and clicks.
Good luck! Marin Software has got you covered. We’ve put everything in place to provide above-and-beyond customer service, particularly during the critical Black Friday and Cyber Monday events, for our retail customers in the midst of their busiest time of the year. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your account manager or our sales team today.