Where the Music Lives
Deezer lets subscribers discover artists and play their music, instantly. With more than 35 million tracks and 100 million playlists, users can jump in and explore the music they just have to hear, online and offline across all devices.
We recently tested Facebook’s carousel format mobile app install ad, which provided a deeper and more consistent presentation of Deezer as a streaming service with attractive features. Telling our brand story with Facebook’s carousel format mobile app install ad positively impacted our acquisition results, driving more new users into the Deezer app, with CPC and CPI divided by 2, compared to our usual ad formats.
Promoting the Deezer App
Having recently revamped its user acquisition strategy, Deezer was facing lots of competition and their cost-per-signup was far too high. The company wanted to drive more new users to its app to generate installs and acquire new subscribers, while decreasing cost-per-signup.
Tuning Deezer’s Ad Strategy
To get more music-lovers to use its app, Deezer ran Facebook mobile app install ads in carousel format. Enabling the company to showcase up to 5 images with links in a single ad, the format is interactive, attention-grabbing and perfectly suited to direct response campaigns. The campaign was targeted broadly to reach both 18-50 year olds in France and 25-65 year olds in Brazil.
Ads were created and optimized with Marin Social’s Bulk Creator and Mass Editor. To improve ad delivery, the team used A/B testing and automatically optimized based on the best-performing images. Finally, the team measured the campaign results using Facebook’s measurement tools.
Deezer and Marin Social created imagery to showcase the company’s app and music offerings. They used 3 different types of creative:
- Story-telling – Ad featured CDs stacked high, capturing the vast number of tracks Deezer offers to subscribers
- Music types – like rock, jazz or electronic. Ad featured playlists, using a pile of “Best Of” CDs. This got the best CPAs with the Brazilian market.
- Generic creative – Ad featured CDs stacked high, capturing the vast selection of tracks Deezer offers to subscribers. This got the best CPAs with the French market.
Press play on results
Deezer has achieved rocking results with Facebook’s carousel mobile app ads. Not only has it decreased its app installation costs—it has also cut its account signup costs. The campaign began on July 15, 2015 and is still going strong, resulting in:
- 50% decrease in cost per account signup
- 60% lower cost per app install on Android (Brazil)
- 40% lower cost per app install on iOS (Brazil)
- 30% lower cost per app install (France)
- 2x increase in click thru rate
- 50% decrease in cost per click