Marin Software and DataSong Partner to Connect Paid Search With Marketing Intelligence Data
Integration Links Customers' Online and Offline Activities to Optimize Retailers' Paid Search Campaigns
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - July 23, 2014 - Marin Software (NYSE: MRIN), provider of a leading Revenue Acquisition Management platform for advertisers and agencies, today announced that DataSong, an analytics Software as a Service (SaaS) company specializing in revenue attribution and customer targeting, has become a Marin Connect certified partner. Marketing intelligence data from DataSong will be available through the Marin platform, tying retailers' online and offline customer data to paid search activities and empowering advertisers with actionable insights to drive more revenue.
- Often a consumer interacts or comes in contact with a brand multiple times before purchasing a product or service. To understand the influence of each marketing activity on a customer's path to conversion, retailers leverage DataSong's marketing intelligence technology. Marin Software and DataSong have partnered to link customers' online and offline activities with retailers' search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns.
- Joint customers of Marin Software and DataSong will be able to more accurately measure and optimize the influence of paid search across a brand's entire marketing program.
- Leveraging the Marin Connect certified partner integration, brands will be able to purchase keywords and adjust ad creative based on DataSong attribution data, improving the efficacy of paid search.
- Through Marin Connect, marketers are able to integrate disparate sources of data -- cost, contextual, and revenue data -- into a central, unified interface. Marin Connect serves as the foundation of Marin Software, powering marketers' ability to unlock the potential of their data and deliver the right offer to the right audience at the right time for the right bid.
- "Rarely does a customer purchase an item the first time they come in contact with a brand," said Jason Young, Senior Director of Product Marketing at Marin Software. "Understanding the path a customer takes to purchasing a product is key. By partnering with DataSong, not only do advertisers gain an understanding of the influence paid search had on a purchase but advertisers are able to execute a more informed paid search bidding strategy."
- "We're thrilled," said John Wallace, founder and CEO of DataSong. "We can't think of a better place to action our attribution insights than Marin. This partnership does exactly what a business partnership should: it makes both of us more effective. One plus one equals three here."
DataSong (http://www.datasong.com/) is a San Francisco-based startup that provides big data apps and custom solutions that help leading multi-channel retail organizations slice through the noise and hear the music. DataSong's technology taps into a retailer's data to create a holistic view of each customer's online and offline activity. Retailers use the cloud-based software to understand their actual ROI for each marketing treatment, and how to optimize going forward.