Marin Software Links Consumers’ Mobile App Installs and Usage to Advertisers’ Search, Social and Display Ads
Partnerships with AppsFlyer and Kochava allows advertisers to identify mobile app installs, engagement and revenue generated by digital marketing campaigns
San Francisco, CA – March 04, 2015 – Marin Software (NYSE: MRIN), provider of a leading cross-channel performance advertising cloud, today announced a new feature that allows advertisers to track mobile app installs and activity to search, display and social ad campaigns. By partnering with AppsFlyer and Kochava, Marin customers can identify the influence of online ads on mobile app usage. The increased visibility helps advertisers to optimize digital marketing campaigns to improve mobile app engagement and revenue.
- According to Gartner, by 2017 mobile apps will generate $77 billion in revenue worldwide. With mobile apps rising as a revenue stream, understanding the value search, display and social marketing plays in driving app installs and user engagement is vital to maximizing the return on mobile apps. To provide advertisers visibility into the relationship between digital marketing campaigns and mobile app usage, Marin Software has partnered with AppsFlyer and Kochava.
- By partnering with mobile app analytics providers, Marin Software provides advertisers attribution of digital marketing campaigns on mobile app usage. The increased visibility can help advertisers to better optimize the mobile customer acquisition funnel by attributing mobile acquisition campaigns to high value customers and identifying effective customer acquisition sources.
- In the past, mobile app downloads generated from online ad campaigns were counted as a “conversion event,” however, advertisers had very little insight into the actual activity or revenue the downloaded app produced. With Marin Software, an advertiser has the capability to see how much in-app activity and revenue their paid search, display and social ad campaigns generated and adjust campaigns accordingly to help drive mobile app usage and return on investment.
- “At Arena Media, we use AppsFlyer for our customers because the technology provides us with the ability to split traffic by device. This is significant because we can now drive desktop traffic as well as App installs from the same ad,” said Vilma Grosberga, senior search manager at Arena Media (Havas Media Group). “Integrating AppsFlyer with Marin enabled us to bring all data points into a single view, allowing our clients to obtain extremely important efficiencies in performance and campaign management.”
- "We are thrilled to be part of Marin Software mobile strategy helping advertisers visualize and understand their audience, and optimize to key objectives,” said Garrett MacDonald, executive vice president of Sales at Kochava. "Attribution is key to ROI on mobile social discovery and we're looking forward to serving Marin customers.”