Navigating the New Paid Search Landscape
5 Proven Strategies for Retail Advertisers
Online retailers will account for more than $3 billion of Google AdWords revenue this year and for good reason: paid search has proven to be highly effective, delivering a consistently profitable return on investment. However, technological inefficiencies and the inability to execute effectively on paid search strategies results in higher costs, lower margins, and missed revenue opportunities. As competition increases, savvy online retailers must continually adjust their tactics to improve and sometimes just to maintain their competitive advantage.
In studying some of the world’s largest and most successful retailers, Marin Software identified five strategies that represent the keys to victory in this highly competitive paid search battlefield. This paper will review the challenges in executing each strategy and will highlight the required tools and techniques for addressing them. Search marketers will understand how satisfying these requirements will enable them to make revenue acquisition management in online retail a reality.
- Maximizing revenue across product categories through efficient budget allocation
- Increasing customer engagement by capitalizing on brand equity
- Delivering a richer and more relevant shopping experience by promoting the entire product catalog
- Creating a device-optimized retail experience to convert on-the-go shoppers
- Accelerating revenue outcomes by optimizing for seasonality