PhotoBox is a market leader in online printing of photo-based products in Europe, allowing customers to turn their digital photos into something they can hold. A majority of their marketing budget was spent in paid search, with the goal of driving sales on their website by bidding on relevant product keyword queries on Google.
Our product consists of a creative process from our customers that requires an investment that’s emotional and sometimes even time-consuming, especially when it comes to photobooks. Remarketing scenarios are obviously a key part of the funnel to fight against procrastination from customers who may have been interested but didn’t convert. Considering such a granular product feed across all of our categories, it would’ve taken a very long time to jump into Facebook Dynamic Ads. Marin Smart Sync for Shopping allowed us to benefit from a quick setup and profitable ecosystem.
Achieving Cross-Channel Scale While Maintaining Efficiency
PhotoBox was running a large volume of Google Shopping Campaigns with hundreds of product groups and wanted to scale their mobile conversion volume, while maintaining their CPA targets through Facebook advertising. Like many e-commerce advertisers, the biggest challenge that PhotoBox was facing was properly attributing performance to each channel and adjusting their budget accordingly.
Tapping Siloed Insights with Smart Sync for Shopping
Marin’s Smart Sync for Shopping allowed PhotoBox to automatically clone their best performing Google Shopping campaigns into Dynamic Ads on Facebook and compare results across channels. To accomplish this, PhotoBox allocated additional budget to Dynamic Ads on Facebook to understand how remarketing audiences would impact overall sales when running in parallel with Google Shopping Campaigns.
- Smart Sync for Shopping allowed PhotoBox to automatically clone their top three Google Shopping Campaigns to Facebook (Wall Decoration, Photo Print, and Photo Book).
- PhotoBox tested two Dynamic Ad audiences: (A) Viewed content in the past 30 days, but didn’t convert in the past 7 days and (B) Added to cart in the past 6, days but didn’t purchase an item.
- Both mobile and desktop audiences were targeted with the hopes of achieving scale through Mobile Newsfeed targeting.
Positive Results and Dynamic Ad Expansion
PhotoBox achieved its conservative CPA goal of 2,5€ through its Smart Sync for Shopping campaigns on Facebook. Thanks to great results, PhotoBox will be expanding Dynamic Ad campaigns to additional markets and product categories.
- 7% decrease in cost per purchase through Dynamic Ads compared to traditional targeting
- 3x increase in conversion rate
- 2x increase in ROI with Dynamic Ads compared to traditional audience targeting