Peugeot achieves 36% Reduction in Cost per Conversion
- Marin integrated seamlessly with their existing DFA tracking, which meant there was no need for Peugeot to re-engineer their advertising technology architecture
- OMD reinvested 30% of their time into strategic optimization after saving time through Marin’s reporting, bidding and campaign management tools
- Marin’s automated bid algorithm increased brochure downloads by 46% whilst reducing cost-per-conversion by 36%
Peugeot is a leading French car brand and part of PSA Peugeot Citroën. OMD, who are a leading media communications agency within the Omnicom Media Group, manage the Peugeot paid search campaigns.
The combination of OMD’s search expertise and innovation, combined with Marin’s advanced performance and efficiency features have produced significant improvements in our search campaigns. Marin’s ability to save our agency time and improve financial performance has enabled OMD to spend more time innovating with our smartphone and tablet campaigns putting us ahead of our competition in the mobile world.
Granular organization of Peugot’s campaigns became very time consuming to manage
OMD had followed paid search best practice by splitting the Peugeot account at a very granular level across different product categories, search publishers and devices to drive a number of different leads. While this allowed for intricate management of campaigns, budget, bids and reporting; it was time consuming to manage manually and didn’t allow much time for strategic innovation.
Campaign management efficiencies, including a DFA intergation, saved Peugeot hours
OMD recommended rolling out Marin Software, the leading digital ad management platform, across all Peugeot’s search accounts. Marin integrated seamlessly with their existing DFA tracking, which meant there was no need for Peugeot to re-engineer their advertising technology architecture.
OMD reduced manual bidding time by implementing Marin’s automated bidding, ensuring keyword level bids were optimised towards multi-event conversions at an efficient cost-per-lead for all lead types.
The team also saved time by taking advantage of Marin’s reporting features, using Marin Dimensions to slice-and-dice data in multiple ways and Web Queries to remove the requirement for manual stitching and editing of reports.
Focusing on strategy pays off for OMD and Peugeot
Using Marin allowed OMD to reinvest 30% of their time into strategic optimization. Marin’s automated bidding in particular led to:
- Increased brochure downloads by 46%, whilst reducing cost per conversion by 36%
- Overall conversion rate increased by 11%